Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Quote

When my mom had three teenage girls she found a Reebok ad with a quote that she hung up on our bathroom mirror that we saw everyday as we got ready. It read:
I believe . . .
when you look in the mirror and see what is right instead of what is wrong, that is the true mark of a healthy individual.


I thought that was a great thing to do for teenage girls.
Thanks mom!
Now, If I ever look like this and think I look like that,
please give me a new quote to hang on my mirror
(Thanks for the picture Laura, I like the email)

6 comments:

janelle said...

omigosh!! I LOVE that picture!! It's perfect!! And thanks for the quote! I LOVE your mom! I'm going to put it on my roommate's mirror...I lecture her all the time! :)

R Clan said...

I so needed that growing up! I sure don't have a healthy outlook.

Katie said...

Maybe it's Mom's fault I'm so vain.

Brooke said...

I love this quote!! Maybe I should print it out and hang it on my mirror now...

Brandie said...

Jane yet again you are so inspiring and great! Love the quote love the picture even more!

RJ said...

I've had a mom in mind that I have just wanted to pick her brain for years now. Do you remember Steve Swenson, from our BYU days? I vividly remember one time we were sitting around chatting and it came up that he had met some new girl. Dana and I asked him if she was cute. He answered, "I don't know, I don't know her well enough." It was so obviously a sincere and unplanned response, he didn't even know what an amazing man he was. Luckily, my friend Jill snatched him up and can now revel in how her husband understands that true beauty comes from within.

I wish we lived close - we could organize an activity where we get a bunch of our mothers and Gma's to sit on a panel and we could ask them all our questions. They would love to share their experience I'm sure, and we as a society need to listen more to our wise elderly folk! (Not that my mom would want to be called elderly:)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin