Saturday, October 31, 2009

A stick of butter on Halloween night

Halloween night I ate no candy!
But shoot, I may have eaten a whole stick of butter.
We had chicken tortilla soup and this cornbread with honey butter
You MUST make this . I have tried many cornbread recipes, even the one where you add a yellow cake mix to a box of cornbread mix (which I didn't think was all that great) This is THE only corbread I will ever serve in my house again. I want to serve soup and chili once a week just so I can accompany it with this.
Sometimes I post a recipe and hope people that try it will like it as much as I do and worry they may not. I have no doubt this will be a winner in your kitchen. So put it on your menu for a cold day this week with your favorite chili and get cooking. You can thank me later. Just beware, before you know it you may consume an entire stick of butter in the form of this honey butter.
Ready for action :
When we went to Grandma Susan's house to trick or treat, we were greeted with this sign:
When we looked in the window, this is what we saw. How cute is this?
It was a fun night, butter and all.
The look on Addie's face is the look I had on my face when I ate the cornbread,
sheer joy I tell you, sheer joy.

16 comments:

Amber said...

I love it! I think I will make it this week. Cornbread can go with anything!
PS: I love how creative your mom is, she is amazing!

Susan said...

You're not exaggerating when it comes to the cornbread sista. That honey butter recipe should come with a warning!!! YUM

Thanks for having me to dinner!

Alison said...

My kids often put the same sign on my bedroom door while I am napping on Sunday afternoons.

It isn't as adorable then...

And... looking forward to trying the recipe. I LOVE me some cornbread with yummy honey butter.

R Clan said...

I am so sad. I don't remember seeing those cute kids come to my house. :( What adorable costumes.

Andrea said...

Well, I ate a whole stick of butter and a whole slab of cream cheese and a whole bag of powdered sugar, in the form of your wonderous cream cheese frosting, with a whole loaf of pumpkin bread. SO THERE!

Katie said...

* Alison you are so funny

* Mom's creativity knows no bounds!! Cutest EVER!!

* Our Monday menu: Cornbread, with a side of chili.

Vaughn Family Chaos said...

the Halloween decorations of that house are magnificent....i can only imagine Christmas!!

share your chicken tortilla soup recipe....it looks scrumptous

Julie Knowlton said...

Jane, will you raise my children?

Aislinn said...

That cornbread looks so good I could eat the picture!!! Can't wait to try it out.

Katie and Jeff said...

Jane, I don't want you to blog another delicious post until I am done with this pregnancy. This baby is going to come out addicted to honey butter and blueberry breakfast cake! Cut it out!

Lisa said...

She was SO cute going through all her candy! Have I mentioned how much I love having you next door? You are the best!

Joni said...

Cornbread is Mike's favorite so I will have to try. Cute costumes and kids!

Alyse said...

I love your kids costumes! So cute- the lady bugs are just adorable! I'm making chili tonight- so I'm going to have to try the cornbread-it looks absolutely amazing!

Katie said...

By the way...I clicked on the recipe link, and your photograph of the cornbread is like 10 times better than hers.

struhs six said...

That cornbread is amazing.. and the honey butter is great too! We loved it here. Thanks for sharing.

Cracker Jack said...

I love looking at your blogs. I was sick with the swine flu on Halloween, so I just put the candy out there in a bowl with a sign that read, "Witch is ill, just take one." Yesterday I made your lemon drop cookies. We were celbrating Cookie Monster's 40th anniversary. They were delicious and Bill and I ejoyed several of them. Now, I will try the cornbread recipe I've gotten from you. Thanks!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin