Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Busy, busy kids

My mom watched my kids last week so I could run some errands. While I was gone she taught James and Julia a new craft. They haven't stopped since. The first day they needed constant help but now they can thread a needle, separate the thread, and put the hoop on the fabric. I am amazed at how many little projects Julia has finished all by herself. She has already made my Christmas gift, which I am certain will be one of my most favorite gifts this year. James was reluctant at first until he heard how his Uncle Jack is quite crafty. Uncle Jack is really cool and tough and way into sports so that gave James the green light. Besides, a missionary needs to know how to sew. And someday I bet his wife will be happy he can do basic sewing, right?


These are all original designs, the pile has grown tenfold since I took this.

11 comments:

Susan said...

These pictures make me smile. :)

Katie and Jeff said...

Jane, that is so sweet. I love the craft idea, I will have to remember this for when Bella gets older. You could take all the squares and sew them together to make a quilt!

Alison said...

I'm so impressed.

*~Petra~* said...

So cute! Love the quilt idea :)

Jack said...

Yes, I am really cool and tough and way into sports...

I'm also Max Hall (or so Dallin believes).

Katie said...

Such a great Y!! I can hardly wait to see what awaits us at Christmas, although I'm not sure James could ever top the penguin shaped nasal aspirator or lollipop dog treats.

Amber said...

Wow! I can't even do that. Your mom is awesome. What a fun idea. Can I borrow her sometime? hehe

Dan and Melissa said...

Wow that is so impressive! Juliea is only 5 and cros stitching so beautifully (I wonder who she takes after?)

Joni said...

So cute, I'm mean cool, James. Of course there is a Y, that is exactly what Dallin would have made if he was sewing. Nice work Grandma Susan!

Des said...

That's too cool. What a great mom :) and what great kids!

Now we just need to get one of them to do a giant U!

Dawn said...

When is Grandma watching my kids so I can go run errands????

The "U.S.S. pet" one cracks me up with the actual pet attached.

Great skills kids! I'm proud of you!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin