Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Grandma Susan's annual Halloween Party

My mom throws parties for her grandchildren that they look forward to all year long. Last night was her annual Halloween Party, fabulous as always. When we arrived it was decked out in tasteful Halloween decor and the tables set perfectly. One of my favorite things about her dinner table is everyone gets their own miniature salt and pepper shaker. (click here to see my post from last year on her Halloween Decor, it's to die for)
The food was fabulous. On the menu this year, broccoli cheese soup, rolls, salad and of course, Dunford chocolate donuts. A must for Halloween parties and every day of the year really.

We had a little photo session:The kids decorated haunted houses
Of course, the traditional Grandma Susan treasure hunt. Treasure hunts started with my mom and dad's first grandchild and continue strong for all fun get togethers and holidays. This one was my very favorite. She gave each child a glow stick and then made trails around the house of each color. The house was pitch black and the kids had to follow their own color which led them to a treasure. It was so fun, the adults had as much fun as the kids for this. I wish I could have gotten better pictures, but you get the idea.

Great big thank you to my mom, Grandma Susan for another wonderful party!

12 comments:

Katie said...

No one does parties like Mom!!

And as if that's not enough...On the first of October she sends every grandchild who can't come to the party a package FULL of Halloween treats and surprises. Grandmother of the year!!

Amy Eagleston said...

I love the treasure hunt idea. I want to do that for my kids. I really hope I can be a grandma like Susan some day.

Kristi said...

How fun! You and your family know how to throw CUTE and FUN parties...wow! I love getting ideas from your posts! Your kids look so cute in their costumes!

Krista said...

I am just wondering if you all need a proxy to fill in for Katie's family? We have the right number of children!!!

R Clan said...

Always always so wonderful. Your mom is totally awesome, wonderful, talented and so full of fun. What great memories for the kids as well.

Maryann said...

Susan. How do I be like you? (or just become one of your grandkids?)

Julie Knowlton said...

Next year I am going to come to the party disguised as Jeff so I can get in.

I love Grandma Susan.

Marci Coombs said...

Oh.My.Gosh! I LOVE EVERYTHING ABOUT THIS!!! And I REALLY love the purple and black decor {purple is my favorite color}. What fun! Another reason I wished we lived closer {so I could sneek into this party!} Sigh.

T.A.T.I Crew said...

Beautiful photos.

Beautiful party.

You and your mom need to publish your own magazine of sorts.

Joni said...

What fun party ideas and what cute costumes!

Andrea said...

You and your mom! Wowsers that witch hat! I wish I had that kind of organization, time, money, cleanliness, craftiness, and cuteness!!

Hello! said...

Once again, I REALLY REALLY need to be adopted.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin