Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Two recipes to share

Pumpkin bread
(Warning, this is so good, you may eat the entire loaf)
Beat well:
3 cups sugar
4 eggs
1 cup oil
add two cups pumpkin

Mix in separate bowl:
3 1/3 cup flour
1 Tbs. baking soda
1 1/2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. cloves
1Tbs. Cinnamon
Add dry ingredients to wet. Grease two loaf tins and divide batter. 325 degrees 1 hour 15 min.

Cream Cheese frosting
1 package cream cheese
1/2 cup sofftened butter (REAL BUTTER- no margarine in this house)
2 teaspoons vanilla
4 1/2 to 4 3/4 cup powdered sugar
Oven French Fries

3 small to medium baking potato
2 tablespoon olive oil
1 teaspoon paprika
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon chili powder
1 teaspoon onion powder

kosher salt

DIRECTIONS
Preheat oven to 450 degrees F
Cut potato into wedges. Mix olive oil, paprika, garlic powder, chili powder and onion powder together. Coat potatoes with oil/spice mixture and place on a baking sheet. Sprinkle with kosher salt.
Bake for 45 minutes in preheated oven.



9 comments:

Amy Eagleston said...

Thanks so much for your help last night! I am so excited to get going on the couponing/savings. I love the pic of your kids in your banner. So cute!

kami @ nobiggie.net said...

Yum! Now I am craving oven fries. Thanks for the recipes!

Katie said...

I've already made 2 loaves of the pumpkin bread this season.

You should also mention that the cream cheese frosting can be eaten straight, with a large spoon.

R Clan said...

They both look and sound so YUM! I probably just gained ten pounds thinking about them. ;)

Brooke said...

Mmmmm...I can't wait to make these both!

Anonymous said...

Um, I can feel my butt getting bigger just by reading this. Even though my butt does not say thank you, my tummy will. Gurgle gurgle.

KK said...

TAG! See my blog for details!

Andrea said...

I baked pumpkin bread today and it sure is yummy! But it really isn't as delicious as yours was last week - I think I need to try that pumpkin pie pumpkin stuff for that extra kick.
Thanks so much for the craft day - I look forward to doing it again!

Aislinn said...

mmmmm.:)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin