Thursday, February 16, 2012

Love Cafe

This year for Valentine's Day, we had our own restaurant.  My friend, Joey, gave me the idea and I was so excited to do it.  Aaron and I and Grandma Susan were the customers and the four kids worked there.  They had so much fun.  I can't wait to do it again.

James showed up to take our order with an accent and a mustache, 
it made us laugh.   He is so funny!
Busy at work preparing our food.  I had to intervene a few times when Addie 
kept licking the serving spoons.  The employees also showed up at our table
and drank our soda's without asking.  haha
You don't always get what you order, I wanted a brownie with ice cream.  They thought it would be better with lots of toppings.

This is the bill that arrived.  I totally disagreed with the terrible service part so
we paid them in Valentine's Day gifts.
Perhaps the best view of the date for me was the handsome dishwasher busy at work:

This was the funnest new tradition.  I don't think we will wait until Valentine's day to do it again.  The kids had so much fun and we couldn't stop laughing at the silly things they did.  I would hire them in a heartbeat, even considering their antics :) 




8 comments:

Marci Coombs said...

LOVE this cute tradition!! And i LOVE the fact that you are back to updating your blog again!!! Wahoo!

Katie said...

The mustache! The accent! The menu! The bill! I LOVE it all Jane. Your Love Cafe just kicked my Love Cafe's heinie.

Lindsey said...

What a creative idea and fun involvement with your kids! Looks like they had so much fun.

Maryann said...

SO cute! Max would absolutely LOVE this! MUST copy this idea! Although, with Max as the cook, it would be pretty interesting. :)

Krista said...

Next time maybe you should have some friends over so they can get more practice. (Hint Hint.) I love this whole idea.

Jenny B said...

Where are the pictures of my beautiful aunt and cousin?! What a great idea, Jane!!

Aislinn said...

SO. CUTE!! The kids, the cafe, all of it- So cute!

R Clan said...

That is awesome. I might have to try this out. :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin