Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Valentine Craft

I found another craft I felt was worth doing. I didn't realize how long it would take, but I would still do it again. I wanted to put a ball of flowers on my candlesticks but had a hard time finding some that were big enough and cute enough that were less than 30 dollars a piece. I came across a way to make the fabric flowers you see all over the place for cheap! I saw them at The Idea Room and I knew when I saw them that I had to have some. Can you guess what I made these with?

Party streamers! It was 99 cents to make an entire ball of rosettes, now that is what I am talking about! Forget paying 30 to 40 bucks! I did take a long time to make, but was totally worth it, I just turned on The Bachelor (my guilty pleasure) and crafted away. Now I want to make a bunch and have a bowl full of them in different sizes. You would never know it was made with crepe paper, it looks so much like fabric, but it is cheaper and you don't have to cut it into long strips.

(I forgot to take steop by step pictures, but The Idea Room has some great ones, here )

12 comments:

Brandie said...

Those are adorable! Love that idea.

Katie said...

WHAT???? Somewhere in the Hamptons, Martha Stewart is throwing a jealous fit (so am I). These are the CUTEST!! And seriously, I would leave them up year round!

Amy {The Idea Room} said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Maryann said...

You are amazing Jane! Everything you touch is fantastic. Love it!

Joni said...

Those are super pretty, thanks for sharing!

Tarika said...

So cute! I am going to have to copy.

Krista said...

Next time I will buy the supplies if you will supply the idea! I would have paid $30 each for those. You amaze me!

Marci Coombs said...

These are absolutely amazing Jane!!! Some day soon can we plan a girls weekend and do nothing but eat your fabulous recipes and make crafts??? Sound like a plan???

Bailey Family said...

Hey Jane this is Lindsay Bailey (reagan's mom & Candice's friend) I know I dont know you so well but I thought I would comment on your blog anyways! I saw yours from Aslin's and I loved looking at your pictures of your cute family and all of your fun crafts. You are so creative! I wish I did know you better! I will be checking back on all of the fun ideas you have so I thought since I may be stocking you, maybe you would like to know. hehe! My blog is private- my email is Lindsayr_33@hotmail.com if you want to send me yours I can invite ya :)! I think I am going to buy crate paper tomorrow- such a fun project!

Krista Johnson said...

Jane, Thanks for sharing this adorable idea and the information on how to make them. I am going to make these for my sis-in-law that loves Valentines day and has a birthday coming up as well. We should get together and make them while we watch a movie or something. I also am going to go buy some felt to try the felt ones. So beautiful!!!

Aislinn said...

thanks for sharing this !!! Super cute.

Lisa said...

Love these! I was actually just going through the tutorial when Tarika told me you had posted this. We are going to make them on Wednesdsay so if you have more to make feel free to join us! That or be prepared for me to call with any questions!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin